Highgate Hotels / Courtyard Marriott
Phased Hotel Renovation While Occupied
Location: Cambridge, MA
Size: 105,000 SF
Completion: June 2015
The Courtyard Marriott Boston Cambridge is a 207-key hotel ideally located along Memorial Drive in Cambridge, MA across the Charles River from Boston, and close to nearby attractions and universities. Renovations were needed to upgrade guest rooms and public spaces.
Redgate provided project management services for the hotel renovations, which included preliminary planning, preconstruction, and permitting, design and construction management services to meet both hotel standards and owner requirements. Specifically, Redgate performed:
- Program development including feasibility studies for suite subdivisions, room conversions, and new meeting rooms;
- Master schedule management for all major milestone activities, and budget management for design, construction, FF&E, and equipment;
- Project team development including RFP process management, consultant proposal review and contract negotiations;
- Coordination with the development team including the architect, CM, purchasing agent, engineers, brand team, and hotel management;
- Oversight of design, cost estimation, FF&E procurement, and construction including onsite oversight; and
- Budget management including preparation of monthly requisitions, cash flows, and change order negotiations.
ARCHITECT: Signature Architects, Inc.; Parker Torres Design Inc. (interiors)
CONTRACTOR: Humphrey Rich
- Project Management